Sunday, April 24, 2011

San Diego...where the sun always shines!!!

So because I work at a school I still get to have the wonderful luxury of spring break! This spring break I decided I would go to San Diego to visit my parents! Joe had to work and at this time it just was not possible for him to come, so i went alone! I rarely ever do anything alone so this was a huge event for me to travel all the way back there by myself! I looked into taking Maddux with me but it was more money to fly him with me then it cost for my entire round trip ticket!! So....sadly i had to leave him here to keep Joe company (which he LOVED)!
The trip started out with a flight from here to Phoenix, where i then had a lay over for 2 hours!!Now i don't like to complain but seriously i hate being alone and to be alone in a weird airport with like a million strangers is the worst!BUT i got through it and over it! On to San Diego i went!
It is seriously amazing how wonderful i feel the second i land in California! Its like i can breathe, my skins feels soft and smooth, my allergies go away and man that vitamin D is amazing!!!
 I was greeted my my magnificent Daddy with a large hug!
Well all in all I was so happy to be home!
I spent the first and second day just laying out in my back yard and sleeping! It was amazing!

After some good quality time gathering some much needed vitamin D, i spent the evening with a good friend of mine since i was about 5years old! He just recently got engaged to his long time girlfriend Dana. We are so excited for them!
We sat around talking, laughing and catching up!
This is a picture of my good friend Kale and I!
Thursday was pretty much the same as Wednesday, just laying around and resting! However I did visit with my best friends Aubrey and Heather! Man, i almost forgot how it felt to have such good and genuine friends! Its so nice to know how much best friends impact your life and how if they are truly your friend they will always be there for you through anything and will never let you down or give up on your friendship for anything! LOVE YOU AUBS & HEATHER!!!!

soooo... now for the best day of my trip! FRIDAYYYYY!! (also known as mommy's day!) we started out the day with going to breakfast, but when we pulled up to our favorite breakfast joint in Poway, Le Peep, it was CLOSED, indefinitely! :( we were so sad about this because that place is like the best. so we picked another place and decided to eat at The Original Pancake House instead! It was so so so yummy though!! Then we were onto the rest of our day...
We started out by going to this store called City Lights! Yes it is a Christmas/ holiday store and Yes it is April! Did that answer all your questions? haha but seriously it is the BEST store ever! I mean its like Christmas threw up in there and made it look so beautiful and sparkly!! well we had loads of fun wondering in there for a couple of hours! That place is HUGE!

This is my mom looking at all the Jim Shore Disney collectibles  they had! I think the count she has now is like 35 placed nicely all around her house!
 This is the one my mom bought me (Alice in Wonderland) to add to my growing collection! (Yes we are Disney freaks in the Gardner family)
 This is me in the Halloween room! It was soooo awesome looking in there! I LOVED it!
 A bird attacking my mom in the Halloween room!
 Seriously, the decorations they had were amazing! The pictures don't give it justice! They also had a Christmas town and a Halloween town all set up with Plexiglas surrounding them and they were so huge! like 20' x 20'! with AMAZING DETAIL!

Then we went on to go to the Fashion Valley Mall (which is also what the Gateway Mall in Salt Lake City was modeled after if you didn't know!) we shopped for a while, had dip-n-dots and enjoyed wondering around in the 70 degree weather!
We of course stopped off at the brand new Disney store they have and bought some Christmas presents for my Nephew and soon to come Niece!
This is me in the big castle they have in the center of the store!
After we were all pooped out from shopping, we of course finished our day with going to the Costco in Poway to buy goodies and this fun little treat that i worked hard at bringing home with me on an airplane....
THATS RIGHT!!!!! Uncooked Pat & Oscars Breadsticks!!!!! Soooo amazing! Now for those of you who have never had Pat & Oscars, first of all you are totally missing out but second this is like a fantasy dream/wish come true that now they sell them at Costco for you to make at home!! My mom said that if they turned out good when i got back to Utah that she would send me more ;) ! Then i can freeze them and have them anytime I want! soooo Excited! I know there just breadsticks and something I should not be this excited about but man they are so amazing! Plus its just so nice to have something i grew up with and love so much, finally be somewhat easy to get! :) yay yay yay

The day ended with  eating at the brand new In and Out, (finished while i was there) in Poway!

And so my trip was now over! It was so relaxing to go home and not worry about all those day to day chores that get to you when you are at your own house and to just simply relax and see my wonderful, amazing parents! I caught my plane at 6am in the morning and arrived in salt lake at 1pm (of course i had that 2 1/2 hour layover again booooo) but boy was it nice to see the happy faces of my own little family when they pulled up at the airport to get me! Maddux was beyond excited! Oh and so was Joe...i think haha ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment