Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Creativity and Cognition Class

So today in creativity and cognition I think I had the best experience in my older school years that I have ever had. My teacher John Funk is the most awesome teacher I think I have had yet, and there is variety of ways that he teaches that helps people like me (right brained creative individuals) to absorb the information being taught with hands on creative ways. His tests are very well written and make you feel as if he is right there giving you a verbal quiz.
Every day we do something hands on that expresses in some way what we have learned during the lecture or text. Today we were able to build our own classroom out of playdough that encourages creativity in young children. My team choose to build a early childhood classroom that express ways like painting, books and active play that encourages creative learning. We do something creative in class everyday such as painting and construction paper cut and glue building. I love this class and Professor Funk is one of the most influential teachers I have ever had!

**Our active play and art area
**reading, peace corner and circle time area
**kitchen and creative cooking area

1 comment:

  1. your class sounds fun, and how great to have a teacher who teaches to all types of learners!

    ReplyDelete