Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Janelle's Bridal shower

**Janelle and I at her bridal shower ^
So those that know Janelle and I we are like twins born from 2 different mothers. Our moms were best friends before we were born and had Janelle and I 4 months apart. From then on we have always been inseparable. We always had twin clothes and hair cuts and even went to the same special education preschool ( which by all contrary beliefs we WERE the only normal ones in the school!) So when we were about 7, Janelle's family decided to move away to Michigan because her dad got a better job there that California was just not able to offer him. However despite all the stories of old friends loosing touch, luckily we were blessed with the best families that found it important to keep your old friends and Janelle & I were able to beat the odds and STAY best friends all this time. We have been fortunate enough to visit each other at least once a year and talk very often on the phone. Now, Janelle and I both got engaged at Christmas time 2008 and are now getting married 3 months EXACTLY from one another (Our wedding 5/22/2009- Janelle & Hoeun wedding 8/22/2009) and ALSO to the Mormon rarity, both dated our men for 3 years exactly before getting married! SO, last Friday was Janelle's bridal shower and man was it a flash back to my childhood for me... the shower was held at her grandmothers house in Provo Utah, were her family was visiting for the week, ( this is also where Janelle and I would take many vacations together because it was kind of a central location between our two homes and lets be honest... CHEAP!)
It was very fun for me to be at her bridal shower and be able to spend such fun and important moments with my best friend and all the people that are close to her. It was a Hawaiian theme shower and she got many things to help her and Hoeun start their life together and many many many recipes for her to learn to cook with. :) (bless her heart, she hates the kitchen... the only thing we differ in I think) :) It was such a wonderful night and so much fun. I love Janelle so much and wish her the best with all her life endeavors!! Congratulations Nellie and see you in Boston in 1 month!!! :)

**Carolee (Janelles mom AKA my second mom) & I
** Barbra (Janelle's grandmother) she still looks the same from when I was a kid ha-ha!! Oh ya and so does her house , I don't thing ANYTHING has ever been moved lol :) Love you Barbra
** Sydney and I (Janelle's little sister)
**Janelle socializing with her guests and eating way yummy food :)
**Yay open present time (Thats the fun gift I gave her) haha
** I was the lucky person that got to write down everything she got and who it was from

**Guest group shot, sooo fun!

CONGRATULATIONS JANELLE!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to Janelle! We hope the wedding is beautiful and you party the night away! Wish we could be there to celebrate with you!

    ReplyDelete